Ordering and Shipping

Fast Delivery

A recent book of mine shipped on 19th March and it arrived here in the mail today (23rd March), that means it only took 2 working days (friday 20th March, and today), whatever improvements you folks at blurb have made to your UK shipping department, it seems to have worked.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
djfryer2002
Mar 23, 2009 12:19pm PDT
djfryer2002

It was shipped via economy btw.

Posted by
djfryer2002
Mar 23, 2009 12:20pm PDT
djfryer2002

How long was it from order to shipping for your book?

(I have two orders that seem to have been given estimates of 8 and 10 days! This is 2 and 4 days longer than any book has taken that I’ve ordered in the past.)

Posted by
free1000
Mar 24, 2009 5:19am PDT
free1000

They shipped after about 5 days for me.

Posted by
djfryer2002
Mar 24, 2009 5:34am PDT
djfryer2002

I ordered with the custom workflow… I wonder if thats what is slowing things down :-(

Posted by
free1000
Mar 24, 2009 5:57am PDT
free1000

BTW, thanks for the response, suggests that at least Blurb are not experiencing some general slowdown.

Posted by
free1000
Mar 24, 2009 5:58am PDT
free1000

A bit weight of my mind, in the last hour or so the first book has been completed, I might get it tomorrow with a bit of luck.

It took 6 days this time. Most orders have taken 5.

I ordered one for delivery to the US which shipped in 3 days, thats why I was concerned with the 10 day estimate. Panic over.

Posted by
free1000
Mar 24, 2009 6:00am PDT
free1000

this is my first time ordering from blurb, i submitted my order on 14th march, it was shipped on 18th march and i received it today! (24th march).. in perfect condition! nicely wrapped up (imo) :)

it was shipped from US using economy by the way..and im all the way in singapore.. yay!

Posted by
amrasenelya
Mar 24, 2009 7:54am PDT
amrasenelya

Singapore eh, i’d like to go there some day, it looks nice.

Still, my photo presentation book arrived today as well (this one though was via courier), my first hardback ever, the quality is amazing and i will spend the next few days showing it off to everyone i know.

Posted by
djfryer2002
Mar 24, 2009 8:42am PDT
djfryer2002

Blurbarians and friends,

I’d thought that I’d want to chime in and offer some insight and make a suggestion. When some says ‘Fast Delivery’, don’t get me wrong. I mean, it is quite a good thing to know that it is happening this way.

But, please try to remember that oftentime it is beyond Blurb or you or myself’s control about shipping package from outsourced printer straight to front door.

For next Christmas holiday rush timeframe, always a good idea to plan of time—way ahead of time, perhaps… two or three months BEFORE Christmas… There are many possiblities things could go wrong from time to time. In the case of planning ahead of timeframe in two-three months prior to any important events, projects or Christmas present, this give you more room to fix or maybe making a better book than proof book, etc.

Bookmaking project is a big project, whether it is small or large—still important project. That includes plan ahead of time will do some trick.

Happy bookmaking, Brian {a passionately Blubarian}

Posted by
brianbonitz
Mar 24, 2009 9:43pm PDT
brianbonitz