Ordering and Shipping

Can I order a dust jacket separately?

I ordered a book in hard-cover image wrap, but due to it being white, it gets dirty easily. Is there a way I can order the dust jacket of that book separately to put on my current book?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
VickieLan
Apr 25, 2009 8:10pm PDT
VickieLan

No way Frown

.......Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Apr 25, 2009 11:42pm PDT
tfrankland

But you can print one yourself or locally very easily.

Posted by
colinturner
Apr 26, 2009 2:24am PDT
colinturner

how do you do that?

Posted by
bmangubat
Apr 26, 2009 4:41pm PDT
bmangubat

I’m curious about that as well colinturner, as BookSmart will not let you print the cover locally or create a PDF of it.

........Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Apr 27, 2009 12:12am PDT
tfrankland

Hi Guys;

Yep – I saw this post – and the same thouights went through my head…

I guess that the ONLY way this can be done is to re-create the full width of the dust-jacket in PhotoShop (or similar) as a sectioned "panoramic" image…

However, without searching Google, I’m not sure where you’d find a printer willing to do a one-off on glossy-paper suitable for folding – rather than heavier grade photographic paper!

Anybody any ideas?

Cheers;

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Apr 27, 2009 12:40am PDT
lkb-28

Exactly so. Construct in whichever package you are comfortable with and print yourself if you have a 13” printer or take it to a digital printing studio if you don’t. Paper of a suitable quality is available according to the method you chose to employ.

Posted by
colinturner
Apr 27, 2009 1:17am PDT
colinturner

I’d LOVE it if Blurb would let us place orders for just dust jackets.  I have a book that I carry around like a portfolio, and even though the inside still looks fabulous, the dust jacket on it now is haggard and scratched from going everywhere with me in the past year.  Blurb would be smart to make this an option, as I’d replace mine about every three months.

Posted by
abbiewarnock
May 1, 2009 6:35pm PDT
abbiewarnock

This is what I came up with to protect my books – Go to the fabric store and purchase clear plastic fabric (like for a table cloth) – it’s very inexpensive.  Cut to size with flaps – you can adhere the flaps with a removable product made by Scotch called "Clear Mounting Squares – Removable".  This will not damage your book – you can see the image wrap cover clearly and it protects the cover wonderfully.  The plastic fabric comes in 42" and 72" widths and can be purchased for around $2.99 to $3.99 per yard.

Posted by
Bebensee
May 1, 2009 10:39pm PDT
Bebensee

Abbie,

for your next book, if Blurb still don’t offer a new dustjacket service, take a look at the Brodart covers. http://www.shopbrodart.com/site_pages/bjc/

For any UK forum members you can get those covers here www.care4books.com . Care 4 Books also ship worldwide.

........Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
May 2, 2009 12:09am PDT
tfrankland