Ordering and Shipping

Do you have to set a mark up price, or can you still make profit without it?

And if so, what is the differences between the profits?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Evil_Genius
May 8, 2009 9:38pm PDT
Evil_Genius

If the book costs $50.00 to print and you want to make a profit – I’m curious how you would make a profit without marking it up?

Posted by
Bebensee
May 8, 2009 10:16pm PDT
Bebensee

I am bit confused on the information on who can make profits by selling books on bookstore using ‘set your price’ program. Most of the resources, FAQs on the internet (including blurb.com) refer to only US citizens or people with US tax payer ID being the eligible to earn profits by selling their authored books. however these resources date back to year 2007 / 2008.

Can non US authors (for example: authors like me from India) be allowed to make use of this feature?
Nishant

Posted by
nishantslens
Jun 9, 2009 1:31pm PDT
nishantslens

Just guessing, I would think Blurb may only be interested in reporting earnings to the United States Internal Revenue Service as required by US law.  I should think they have no interest in tax issues in other countries.  It would be up to you to decided if you owed your country taxes or not.  Tax issues with each individual country would be so varied, they couldn’t keep up with them if they wanted to.

Just a guess.  A definitive answer could be obtained from Blurb via email.

Posted by
deanej
Jun 9, 2009 1:43pm PDT
deanej

Nishant,

you no longer need to be USA based to set your price, originally it was for USA based people only but that was extended to the rest of the world the middle of last year. However you will only get a cheque in US$, UK£ or Euros. Details here. Deanej is right about the tax related issues, for the US you need to quote your social security or tax number details, that is not required for the rest of us.

..........Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Jun 9, 2009 2:07pm PDT
tfrankland

thank a lot for clarifying my doubt, Deanej and Tony.
I had been unwell and hence a late reply.

Nishant

Posted by
nishantslens
Jul 13, 2009 11:52am PDT
nishantslens

No problem Nishant, I hope you are fully recovered and getting fit enough to spend all the profits on your book

.........Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Jul 13, 2009 1:07pm PDT
tfrankland