Ordering and Shipping

Increase in book costs

I don’t see anyone commenting on the recent price hike email received from the Blurb CEO? I realize that most probably nothing can be done but just wanted to mention my disappointment. Pricing was borderline good and now with the increase books costs and shipping is borderline bad.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
sudicat
Aug 16, 2009 9:33am PDT
sudicat

General Forum, in the thread titled UK Price Incereases.

I’m dissapointed as well.

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Aug 16, 2009 9:57am PDT
tfrankland

Hey Tony…. thanks for the ’I’m disappointed’…as a ‘newbie’ to Blurb I was so afraid I was really pouncing but, gee, the price increase seems rather out of hand considering the market and I have not seen any  irate comments as yet.

Posted by
sudicat
Aug 16, 2009 3:58pm PDT
sudicat

You are welcome.

My 150 page 13" x 11" hardback/dust jacket has gone up by £5 or 10% (£46.95 to £51.95).

I have two work-in-progress books, 10" x 8" hardback/dust jacket estimated at 150 pages the price has gone up by £2 or 7.7% from £25.95 to £27.95.

With Blurb now having a "European Operation" I would have though that the cost of production/support would not be affected by the change in the exchange rate as stated in Eileen’s e-mail, but I suppose the profit returned to the US would be adversely affected though.

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Aug 17, 2009 12:52am PDT
tfrankland

I’m disappoimted too. I just spent months on my book, and finally this eve. I uploaded tje finished copy. 160 pages 8×10 was $56.95 and still is listed as such. But now the  order has an extra $5. All the folks I have told about the cost will need to be re-dtold thjat is nowmore. I guess what diappoints me most is that the price is advertised one thing, but the order cost is market uo. I hate it when bsuinesss does that- kind of sneaky. Now that reflects on me to my clients- tell them one thin, and now its’ more.

Posted by
MarkMiller
Aug 17, 2009 2:24am PDT
MarkMiller

Everyone,

I posted a quick note about our prices increases in the other forum thread here.

– Kathy

Posted by
kathybad
Aug 21, 2009 9:34am PDT
kathybad