Ordering and Shipping

Drop Shipping?

First, I want to order my first book, a protype. I will be travelling for a while, so I’d like this book shipped to a new, temporary address. Now, as I go thru the ordering process, I don’t see where it’s going. That is, I need to fill in one page and then continue. I am afraid if I fill in myh own permanent address and billing info, there might not be a continuing page for where I would like the book shipped. So, can anyone tell me, before finish I placing my first order if once I set my own address, whether or not a following page will allow me to ship to a desired location?

Next, I’m taking, say 10 orders. I want to order all at once, but to 10 different locales. Can Blurb do this, which will save time and shipping costs, and trouble and the environment, or do I have to order all ten books, have them all shipped to my new temporary address, and then ship them all out myself to the 10 individuals?

Thanks. Mark

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
MarkMiller
Aug 17, 2009 8:24am PDT
MarkMiller

I may have answerred my own question already. That is to drop ship, or send to multiple addresses, you need to place each one as an indiviudal, new order with those addresses.

So, now the corrollary question: If you have 10 clients, and you place 10 orders, all in one day, can you get the discount, or is each one full price?

Thanks. Mark

Posted by
MarkMiller
Aug 17, 2009 8:35am PDT
MarkMiller

Your answer ties in with my experience :-)

Then, I’d put my money on you not getting the discount :-(     The wording on the pricing page is "Single order of same book". But let us know if you find a way.

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Aug 17, 2009 9:32am PDT
tfrankland

This seems like a simple question. I am not a betting man. We are ordering 15 books all at the same which would be published one batch. Now, assume they are printed and boxed, the 10% discount should be applied and we should pay the appropriate postage and handling for the number of addresses to which the books are being shipped. Is this true or why would we not get the 10% discount regardless of shipping?

Posted by
lloydlindley
Sep 21, 2011 6:04pm PDT
lloydlindley