Ordering and Shipping

Hopefully, tomorrow, I shall cheer up.

I live in Sydney. The book I put together should have been part of my birthday present to my daughter. That dead-line has long since passed. I keep walking to the letter box and the front door, hoping.

From tomorrow it will be outside the number of days that it should take for the book toi be delivered. 

I am so disappointed!! 

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
ozcloggie
Oct 8, 2009 3:36am PDT
ozcloggie

No. Nothing today. 17 days since the book was listed as shipped. :(

Posted by
ozcloggie
Oct 8, 2009 9:34pm PDT
ozcloggie

Arrived! Sydney time: 12:15. Monday 12 October, 2009.

Posted by
ozcloggie
Oct 11, 2009 6:28pm PDT
ozcloggie

How many days did it end up taking from shipping to when you received your book? I’m in NZ and I’m at about 19 business days.  I don’t want to bother the Blurb staff since I chose non-trackable and I figure it’s outside their control.  I was hoping to get it in time to check it and then order a couple gifts for Christmas.  I’ve run out of time to check it first so am considering ordering blind so I can take advantage of their "buy 2 get the soft cover free" deal that ends tomorrow.

Posted by
pinepig
Oct 14, 2009 2:35am PDT
pinepig

Can you give a link to that "buy 2 get the soft cover free" offer?  I don’t see it on the Blurb website?  Or is it a special deal only for select people?

Posted by
friend1979
Oct 14, 2009 11:47am PDT
friend1979

I found out about the offer when I went in to order my book.  It’s only if you order your own book and I think only if the 2 you order are the same type of cover.  If you go in to order your book it should show up.  It isn’t a link so much as something that is there when you try to order.  It says:

"Get a FREE Softcover Book!
Buy two or more of your book in Hardcover (Dust Jacket or ImageWrap) and get one free Softcover. Just add one Softcover to your order above and use the promo code: softcover during checkout."   When you click on more details you get "se the promo code: softcover during checkout.

» More details

About the Book

Edit Book Settings
Edit Book Summary

New Zealand is a diverse and beautiful country. It is a land of contrasts: of snowy mountains and fiery volcanoes, of alpine deserts and rain forests. According to the Maori this is Aotearoa, Land of the Long White Cloud. This 40 page book is a small selection of images highlighting the beauty of the South Island. 

Join me on an armchair trip through this stunning scenery. Traverse the Southern Alps, take in the glacial lakes and braided rivers and step back in time to walk an abandoned gold mining town. This is not just a book, it is a journey. Come with me as I wander.

About the Author
Alex Whisman 
pinepig Auckland, New Zealand 

I have developed my style and techniques since I’ve been actively practicing my art. After much cajolling by friends, family and strangers I realise that my photos have improved, to the point where I’m pleased to share them … 

Publish Date September 9, 2009 01:56 PDT 

Dimensions Standard Landscape 40 pgs Premium Paper 

Category Travel 

Tags Pinepig, travel, photography, nature, Aotearoa … 
Comments (0)

There are no comments for this book yet.
Be the first.
Write a Comment

Comments (0)

There are no comments for this book yet.
Be the first.
Write a Comment

Promote
Tell Your Friends
Make A Badge
Post to the Web

Delete Book
My Books
All Books
Recently Uploaded
Private
Public
Badges
Metrics
Sales
Price Tracking

Blurberati Blog About Blurb Pricing & Shipping Return Policy Policies & Legal Privacy Help 
© 2009 Blurb

Offer Details

To qualify for a free Softcover book, you must order two or more of the same Hardcover book (two ImageWraps, two Dust Jackets, or one of each), and the book must be made by you. After adding a quantity of two (2) for your Hardcovers, you must add a quantity of one (1) to your Softcover at the same time. You must enter the promotion code softcover in the shopping cart at time of purchase. Offer expires 11:59 PM PDT October 15, 2009. Limit one-time use per user per book title. This offer may not be combined with any other offer, promotional coupon, or fulfilled via a Blurb Gift Card. Free Softcover is not available in large format (12 × 12 or 13 × 11) books, books uploaded using PDF to Book, or for purchases by non-authors. Please also note that only Dust Jacket covers have flaps; Softcover and ImageWrap books do not."

And my book came today, just in time to order it.  It looks really nice! :) 

Posted by
pinepig
Oct 15, 2009 2:30am PDT
pinepig

Ah sorry about that!!! I tried to only copy the info on the coupon but it looks like the copy spilled into the the other boxes on my book page.  

Posted by
pinepig
Oct 15, 2009 2:41am PDT
pinepig

Thank you Ozcloggie and Pinepig for posting your experiences of the shipping to Australia and New Zealand. I am in ACT, and, after over 15 business days waiting, was wondering what is going on! After reading your posts, I am happy now to wait for another five bus. days before I start to worry!

Posted by
cbolgc
Oct 20, 2009 12:19am PDT
cbolgc