Ordering and Shipping

How do I order my books?

This is ridiculous – I can’t figure out how to order books that I have posted.  FAQ says to order go to My Books and order from there – I can’t find where to order!  If I go to account Info my books are listed, and if I go to Account>Orders I see a list of my past orders, but I can’t for the life of me figure out how to make a new order!  Perhaps I’m just growing senile.  Help!  Thanks.

- Tom 

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
tomvalens
Oct 15, 2007 7:52pm PDT
tomvalens

Hey tomvalens –

Couple silly questions, but just to make sure:

1) You’ve uploaded the book from BookSmart already, correct?

2) When you click on "My Books," do you see any of your recently uploaded books there?

Posted by
JackLyon
Oct 15, 2007 8:41pm PDT
JackLyon

If your books have been uploaded to Blurb, go to My Books>All Books and all your uploaded books will be shown with thumbnail images.

Then mouse over the book you want to order and a small orange dropdown triangle will appear in the top left corner. Click on the triangle then on "Order" at the top of the list. 

It should be that simple, although there is nothing obvoius on the page about how to order until you mouse over the book image.

Dale

Posted by
dwags
Oct 16, 2007 4:55am PDT
dwags

Yes, my book was uploaded from BookSmart, and is listed in "My Books".  I finally found how to order by following Dale’s directions.  Thank you.  But it does seem like a rather poor design for the web page to have the ordering procedure so hidden – I had gotten to that page and even moused over my book, but it didn’t occur to me to click on the orange arrow (although I did spend a good half hour trying to find the procedure elsewhere on the web pages).  So I was finally able to order the next 25 copies of my book – thanks again for the help.

- Tom 

Posted by
tomvalens
Oct 16, 2007 5:29pm PDT
tomvalens

hello,

I am Annie from Belgium. I have also a problem to order. I uploaded my book.  When I click on the button add to cart, notting happens. Who can help my?

Posted by
annieprincen
Jul 25, 2009 3:57am PDT
annieprincen

Annie:  did you put a quantity in the field next to the price?

Tom:   You don’t have to hover over the book as Dale describes, you can also just click on your book to get the order form.

........Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Jul 25, 2009 6:13am PDT
tfrankland

Tony, indeed  that was the cause. I did’nt put a quantity in the field, next to the price.  I tried it in the beginning…at that moment notting started. Then I tried with the price….than I start looking every where.  Anyway, thank you very much. I orded my book and everything is all right know.

Posted by
annieprincen
Jul 26, 2009 10:48am PDT
annieprincen