Ordering and Shipping

Shipping Rates

I recently discovered Blurb and was so excited about using their services.  However, when I went to publish my first book I discovered that they only use UPS to ship, and that to ship to Hawaii, where I live, it would cost MORE than the actual book itself.  So I have to pay over twice as much just to receive the book in the mail.  I am VERY disappointed about this…I cannot justify paying that much in shipping, when other companies offer much better rates.  If Blurb would PLEASE expand their shipping options, specifically for those of us living in Hawaii or Alaska…I purchase items online very frequently and this is by far the highest rate I have ever had to pay.  Thank you in advance for your assistance with this problem.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
elyssadone
Oct 19, 2007 12:42pm PDT
elyssadone

I live in New Zealand and agree with you shipping costs are so outrageous I suggest Blurb books be printed in the country where the order orginates from.  Surely there are printers all over the world that can do this.

Posted by
cazz54
Aug 12, 2009 8:28pm PDT
cazz54

I agree that it would be a great idea for the books to be printed in the same country where the order originates from. The shipping costs are very high (even for a Europe to Europe book as I have just found out – and I am now working on books for New Zealand!) but this coupled with the rather consistent book rate hike that has just been handed down, well, it makes the book/books almost not worth the trouble. This is sad as Blurb does a good job and I was hoping to have found the perfect answer to my publishing problems. Here’s hoping they figure something out that will work well for all concerned.

Posted by
sudicat
Aug 16, 2009 9:30am PDT
sudicat

Just uploaded another book…a short one…how is it possible that the shipping cost is more than the cost of the book!!! Really now. I am at a loss for words.

Posted by
sudicat
Aug 18, 2009 11:10am PDT
sudicat