Ordering and Shipping

Locked can I create coupons to promote my book?

I’d like to create coupons for one of my books. I see a good deal of mention about what seem to be Blurb-issued coupons but nothing that shows how to do it myself. Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted by
uccemebug
Oct 8, 2010 1:02am PDT
uccemebug

Hi,

We’re not set up to accept coupon codes, outside of the ones we produce. This is an idea we have heard before though and it has been added to our customer wish list. If you have any further suggestions of this type, please e-mail them to the Suggestion option to the customer support contact page and they will also be added to that list.

Thanks,

Jay

Posted by
bookguy1
Oct 8, 2010 1:54pm PDT
bookguy1

Thank you for the response.

Posted by
uccemebug
Oct 13, 2010 4:56pm PDT
uccemebug

Really BLURB… this should be really easy to implement:

What you could set was two store prices: regular price, and coupon price. This way, the coupon would only affect the author profit.

Imagine a book that costs $10 to produce. The author could sell it at $15 to the generall public, and then set up a coupon code, and share it with special costumers, that would buy the book for $12.

In this way, Blurb still receives the same money, the difference is that the author has less profit.

Posted by
nunocerca
Nov 12, 2010 5:54pm PDT
nunocerca

I would just like to add my voice to this request. It seems straightforward and would truly help promote the books.

Posted by
CtmntImgng
Oct 19, 2011 9:52am PDT
CtmntImgng