Ordering and Shipping

Choosing freely currency for book order bill - possible?

Hi,

my project has stalled (computer crash and no back-up) – for quite some time – but now I’m ready to get going. 

But before I put any freash effort into things I would like to get one question answered by support, as from the reply it will depend if I actually will place an order! (Why work on a Blurb book if Iwon’t order it due to outragous pricing?)

The current pricing for AUD is totally out of synch with the market, hence my question:
CAN I SPECIFY, WHEN PLACING MY ORDER, TO BE BILLED IN US-DOLLARS?

If I look at a Standard Landscape, Hardcover up to 80 Pages,
the Australian price is quoted as AUD $42.95, the US-price as $35.95, which converts to only AUD $33.40 at current exchange rate – the difference of ~$10 will almost cover regular postage for the book!!! 

Or to put it more plainly: for well over $50 I won’t bother to order, for well under $45 I will certainly consider… I also hold a fair bit of US-$ in my Paypal account (my second reason for wanting to pay in US$).

So please clarify!

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
dare2go
May 9, 2011 1:02am PDT
dare2go

I live in Europe and most of my orders I have paid in US Dollars. Never had a problem with that. So I think you can also pay in US Dollars.

Posted by
svv313
May 9, 2011 2:58pm PDT
svv313

I also live in Europe, and I paid my first couple of orders in euros. The last time I tried US Dollars instead, and it worked beautifully. Saved me quite a bit of money.

Posted by
Revenant
May 10, 2011 4:13am PDT
Revenant

Thanks for the user feedback!

Now wouldn’t it be nice if support could confirm this?

Posted by
dare2go
May 11, 2011 9:20pm PDT
dare2go

The forums are very much aimed at users helping each other with problems, ideas, techniaques, etc rather than as a route to Blurb support staff, though they do  monitor the forums are jump in from time to time. You can ask the directly via the Customer Support link under the Help menu, in there you’ll see a Contact Support tab.

II was in Canada staying with friends when I ordered one of my books for them, I was able to pay that in £ rather than £Canadian with no problems.  (there was a better exchange rate at the time) so I think you’ll be fine. The best way to find out is to have a go, you can cancel at the last minute without actually purchasing once you’ve tried this.

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
May 11, 2011 11:41pm PDT
tfrankland

Ordering from Sout Africa, I check every currency, every time I order and simply choose which currency to pay in. Sometimes Pound is better, othertimes US$ and yet other times Euros. Bit of a hassle going back and forth with the order page, but worth the savings (sometimes 10%)

Posted by
JanesStruweg
May 24, 2013 12:18am PDT
JanesStruweg