Can I find out who ordered my book?
Why not give the buyer the option to be private?
binding of the Netherlands printer...
I’ve had two friends do Blurb hardcover ( imagewrap) books recently and both had the same binding problems particularly where the cover boards connect to the spine. In both cases that area was ‘noisy’ and crackled when touched and seemed loose, not firm. I’ve done a number of imagewrap books myself with no binding problems ( except in two cases where the printer left residues of rubber cement) and I’m about to do more so I’m concerned about what might be a recent trend. I’m going to see if I can find out via tracking information where these friends had their books printed. I’d be interested to hear if others have had that problem.
Book Design and Imaging
I am on my 4th Blurb book – the previous three were photo-intensive with litle text amd they came out fine.. But this one is text-intensive with photos and I am finding Booksmart to have several irritating habits when working with blocks of text, each around 500 words.
In edit mode:
1. Selecting text is a hit or miss affair, sometimes it takes three or four tries to select portions.
2. Every time I select some text, Booksmart jumps up in size, meaning I have to reduce it down again…very irritating.
3. Cursor placement is also arbitary, it seems to have a will of its own.
4. Sometimes I get the warning yellow gizmo ( text exceeds size…) sometimes I don’t on the same block of text. I am assuming if it proofs out Ok my text won’t get clipped so I’m ignoring those warnings.
5. On an unrelated matter, I rename my books but when I go back into Booksmart, the rnames have disappeared and I have to do it all over again. Maybe I’ll try a manual save and see if that works
Please improve text formatting in the next version!